With staycations becoming more popular, owning a holiday home in the UK is a great idea. Whether you use yours to generate extra income, have relaxing breaks away, or both, a holiday home insurance policy offers levels of protection for your property that standard home insurance policies may not.
At Jane Chewins, we have over 30 years of experience in advising on and arranging specialist insurance policies. With access to many providers, we can find you the right holiday home insurance, even if your property is overseas. So, whether you are looking for insurance for a cottage, apartment, chalet or villa, we will arrange a policy specifically tailored to meet your requirements.
A specialist policy is needed for a holiday home because there are key differences compared to how a standard home insurance policy works. Firstly, the risks associated with a UK or overseas holiday home are greater than a standard home as the property may be left unoccupied for most of the year. Additionally, if you rent your property out to paying guests, there are other risks to be considered – a specialist holiday home insurance policy ensures you are protected financially against these risks.
Looking for more information or advice – you can call us to discuss your requirements or fill in the enquiry form, and our team will get in touch with you.
Policy benefits can include:
A holiday home insurance policy will have many similar inclusions to a home and contents policy, the difference being that the specialist cover allows the house to be empty for extended periods. We can create a tailored policy based on these needs to ensure you have the best cover.
To give you an idea, here are some cover features you are likely to see on a holiday home policy:
- Buildings insurance and contents cover
- Fixtures and fittings cover
- Public liability cover
- Loss of rent and income (for holiday letting)
- Employer liability cover (for holiday letting where you employ people, such as cleaners or gardeners)
- Alternative accommodation
- Cover for holiday home left unoccupied for long periods
For more information or to discuss getting a bespoke policy, fill in the enquiry form or speak with a member of our team at 01948 820 000.
Why choose us:
- We have over 30 years of experience and a deep understanding of specialist insurance requirements.
- As a member of the award-winning Bravo Network, we have a relationship with many insurance providers, so you can be assured that we will find you the right holiday home insurance, whether the property is in the UK or overseas.
- Our specialist team handles all claims in-house.
- As well as providing professional advice, we believe strongly in adding a personal touch. This is why we make ourselves available whenever you need us.
Holiday Home Insurance FAQs
How can I claim on my policy?
At Jane Chewins, you can report insurance claims quickly and easily using our dedicated App, available on IOS and Android devices. If you want to begin a claim against your property, you can use the App to gather as much data as possible. Information provided will be passed directly to our team, who will act swiftly to handle your claim.
Alternatively, you can call and speak to our team – we will be happy to guide you through the claims process.
What is holiday home insurance?
Holiday home insurance is similar to a standard home insurance policy, with a few key differences. Unlike home insurance, a holiday home policy has specialist inclusions that cover holiday home letting and properties that are left unoccupied.
There are risks unique to owning a holiday home, whether in the UK or abroad – a holiday home insurance is designed to cover these possible risks.
Can you insure holiday homes in any country?
We work closely with many specialist providers and pride ourselves on finding policies that meet our customer’s requirements. Please fill in the enquiry form with your holiday home location/s and our team will explore all avenues.
Alternatively, you can speak with a member of our team at 01948 820 000.
To ensure we continue to offer all of our clients the best possible service, we make the following commitments: