Home > Farming Insurance > Tractor Insurance

Getting insurance for tractors, agriculture vehicles, and farm machinery will help to keep your business running and potential disruptions to a minimum

Our dedicated in-house agriculture team has 30 years’ experience in brokering the right farm machinery and tractor insurance. We work with several policy providers to find the right cover – whether that is for a single tractor or an agricultural fleet.

Policy benefits can include:

There are different levels of agriculture vehicle and tractor insurance available – this is why we take a flexible approach to ensure you have cover for exactly what you need. Here are some standard inclusions that you may want to include in your insurance policy: 

  • Public liability 
  • Accident cover
  • Theft or fire damage
  • Goods in transit
  • Damage to tractor and machinery

For more information or to get a tailored quote, fill in the enquiry form or speak with a member of our team at 01948 820 000.

Why choose us:

  • We have over 30 years of experience and a deep understanding of insurance requirements for the farm and agriculture industry.
  • As a member of the award-winning Bravo Network, we have a relationship with many insurance providers, so you can be assured that we will find you the right tractor insurance. 
  • Our specialist team handles all claims in-house
  • As well as providing professional advice, we believe strongly in adding in a personal touch. This is why we make ourselves available whenever you need us.
Tractor in field

Tractor Insurance FAQs

How can I make a claim on my policy?

At Jane Chewins, you can report insurance claims quickly and easily using our dedicated App, available on IOS and Android devices. If you want to begin a claim against your tractor insurance or agricultural policy, you can use the App to gather as much data as possible. Information provided will be passed directly to our team, who will act swiftly to handle your claim.

Alternatively, you can call and speak to our team – we will be happy to guide you through the claims process.

Does a tractor need insurance?

Tractor Insurance is only mandatory in the UK if you are driving on public roads. In this case, it is a requirement by law to have at least third party cover. If tractors and other agricultural vehicles are being used on private land, it is not mandatory to have insurance, but it is strongly advised that you do. 

What does insurance on a tractor cover?

The cover you get for a tractor or other agricultural vehicle will largely depend on the type of policy you purchase. As well as providing cover for the tractor or vehicle, some policies will also provide additional cover for things such as goods in transit.

For more information or advice on getting the right cover, simply fill in the enquiry form, and a member of our team will get back to you. Alternatively, you can ring us on 01948 820 000

Enquire about a quote

Our Commitment

To ensure we continue to offer all of our clients the best possible service, we make the following commitments:


To listen and work in partnership with you.


To focus on your needs at all times.


To provide prompt and accurate responses to requests and enquiries.


To provide strong and professional advice at all times.


To provide intelligent and competitive solutions.


To ensure documentation is produced promptly.


To provide continuous appraisal of your risks.


To be pro-active in advice given.

JCL Insurance Brokers look after all of my insurances and have for a number of years. They are fast, professional and always at the other end of the phone

Oliver Townend

FEI World Number 1