Tailored plans that provide complete protection for you and your passengers
Whether your mode of transport is a horsebox or trailer, it is a legal requirement to have insurance for transporting horses and ponies from A to B.
It can be overwhelming to find the right cover; this can often lead to horse owners taking out policies that are not fit for purpose. Putting together a tailored plan will give you the peace of mind that all areas are covered, and we are here to help with that. At Jane Chewins, we have over 30 years of experience providing customers with specialist and competitive solutions for insurance needs. You can make an online enquiry or speak to a member of our team to discuss getting a horsebox insurance quote.
Policy benefits can include:
Policies are tailored specifically to your needs, whether you are looking for insurance for your horsebox, van, lorry or trailer. However, to give you an idea, here are some things you may be protected against:
- Breakdown cover
- Legal expenses
- Social, domestic and pleasure use
- Business transportation
- Hire & reward
- Young driver cover (21 years and under)
Why choose us:
- We have over 30 years of experience and a deep understanding of insurance requirements for the equine industry.
- As a member of the award-winning Bravo Network, we have wide access to the insurance market, so you can be assured that we will find you the right horsebox insurance cover.
- Our specialist team handles all claims in-house.
- As well as providing professional advice, we believe strongly in adding in a personal touch. This is why we make ourselves available whenever you need us.
Horsebox Insurance FAQs
Do you need insurance for a horsebox?
Yes, insurance for a horsebox is a legal requirement. To enquire about a quote, you can fill in a form or speak to a member of our team on 01948 820000. We are always happy to help.
Do you need insurance for towing a horse trailer?
You are not legally required to take out separate insurance to tow a horse trailer. Unlike a horsebox, a trailer is not a motorised vehicle and therefore is not subject to the same laws. However, it is wise that you take out additional horse trailer insurance so that you are fully covered against any unforeseen events.
To ensure we continue to offer all of our clients the best possible service, we make the following commitments: